Monday, March 14, 2011

the accident.

A couple of days ago...when Garett was at work, Kaida was walking into the kitchen and tripped over a toy and landed face first on the tile step going into our kitchen. ouch!

When I first looked at it I was freaking out. it looked like her lip was cut in half, her teeth were still in tact and there was a pool of blood in her mouth.

I got her a cold wash cloth and called Garetts parents to see if they could watch the kids while I took Kaida to the hospital to get it checked out.

Kaida was a little worried about going to the hospital. She thought she was going to have to get stitches and so did I.

But she didnt, the cut was more on the inside part of her lip and they dont do stitches in the mouth because it heals so nicely on its own.

So that was the most pleasant trip to the ER I have ever had, quick, easy, and the nurse was surprisingly nice...which is rare!


Jaks felt really bad ofter it happened. he took the toy she tripped over and slammed it onto the hard kitchen floor.



poor little girl. we cuddled for most the day.



day 2....still really swollen but she is eating more, but very carefully. this is a grapefruit. she LOVES grapefruit.

1 comment:

PamH said...

I didn't know nice nurses existed! Lol!